Mark Millar, D.C.
November 11, 2011
Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20420
Re: Inviting the VA to Monitor Our Study on the Breakthrough Remedy for Veteran Suicide; and to announce the upcoming publication of my book titled: The Veteran Suicide Breakthrough. This book brings to light, the beginning of the end to the veterans suicide epidemic. Apparently the VA is unaware, of the alternative breakthrough solution for the military’s combat veterans, currently suffering with PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and how to prevent 80-90% of veteran suicides, discovered by Harvard Medical School. This breakthrough remedy has already been extensively clinically tested and laboratory analyzed and has been determined (without any doubt) to be absolutely safe and maximally effective, in the management of major (suicidal) mood disorders, i.e. (bipolar and major depressive dis0rders). As such this suicide-prevention tool is ready for prime-time and immediate dispensation to your troops. Using this over the counter nutritional supplement (no prescription required) we are administering test suicidal combat veterans, using double-blind, placebo-controlled methods. As you well know, almost twice as many off duty soldiers committed suicide in 2010, as compared to 2009. Click here➨ “Civilian Soldier’ Suicide Rate Alarming” Source (Greg Zoroya, USA TODAY, 11/26/2010) Review all references throughout this document by right clicking on the blue titles.
Dear General Shinseki,
After spending the last five years, (over 7,000 hours), exclusively researching and writing about the natural organic, essential trace mineral, lithium, let me assure you, all of the scientific facts that I am offering you have been well documented around the world, through various laboratory, university and pharmaceutical studies.
I have begun pre-release marketing of my book, Operation Get Free! (Freeing Veterans from the Torture of Major Depression, PTSD and the Epidemic of Suicide), and I wanted to give you the opportunity to take action on this opportunity before my book is released to the public.
Since you have not been the VA’s Secretary for very long, I trust that 90%, if not all of what I’m reporting, will be exciting new revelations to you, as well as all veterans and their families. After you read the enclosed reports, I am sure you will believe, as I do, that this information presents an incredible opportunity for the VA to conduct a formal double-blind, placebo-controlled study upon this breakthrough, for the prevention of the veterans’ epidemic of suicide, as we, my nationally prominent associates and I, do our formal testing.
The alternative breakthrough I am referring to is not pharmaceutical lithium (Pharma-lithium), which requires massive doses to effectively treat major mood disorders, such as major depression and bipolar disorder.
This novel alternative is an over the counter, no prescription necessary, all natural, organic, non-toxic alternative to (Pharma-lithium). This nutritional product is called Lithium Orotate. Lithium Orotate is purported to be at least 10 times more absorbed intra-cellularly (within the cell) than Pharma-lithium and as such eliminates all of the toxicity and side effects associated with Pharma-lithium due to dosages of Lithium Orotate being typically reduced by 90%.
“Now wait a minute,” you might be thinking, “We are already prescribing pharmaceutical lithium to suicidal veterans.” Sir, I certainly realize this fact however that is not the issue. The real issue is whether or not the VA has been appropriately and preventatively, prescribing lithium for the prevention of suicide. First, and with all due respect, I must inform you that, the VA study included in the attached document (FOR YOUR EYES ONLY) provides massive and irrefutable evidence to the contrary.
General Shinseki, the VA is presently, only prescribing lithium to veterans, after they have attempted suicide or have been identified, after the fact, as being actively suicidal; as you will soon learn from the attached document, this is far too late to begin prescribing lithium for the prevention of suicide.
The fact is, as many as half of all suicides may occur in individuals who gave no apparent signs of suicide risk. (Barraclough et al. 1974) http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/125/587/355.short
Indirect evidence of a lack of lithium prescription to veterans for the prevention of suicide is found stated in the “Hearing before the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation of the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, U.S. House of Representatives, One Hundred Eleventh Congress, Second Session, July 14, 2010.” http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-111hhrg58058/html/CHRG-111hhrg58058.htm
It was stated at this hearing that every day in America; approximately five more veterans commit suicide while in the care of the VA. Despite a massive, compassionate and concerted effort by the VA, suicide rates continue to climb. Something (Lithium) is clearly missing from the VA plan to reduce veteran suicides.
As you may know better than anyone, the horrifying fact is, at this moment in time, we are presently losing more troops, (from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom forces) to suicide, than from combat. I will provide irrefutable evidence as to why this is still occurring, while veterans are in the care of the VA. You will see that the VA is rarely, if ever, prescribing lithium, except in the most extreme cases of suicidal veterans, and this it turns out, is potentially, the Veteran Administration’s downfall.
At this time lithium is the only, accepted and utilized medical solution that reduces suicide rates by 80-90%, as discovered by Harvard Medical School and published in 2003 by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
The APA is on record declaring in its “Practice Guideline for the Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Suicidal Behaviors”, (2003) essentially that pharmaceutical lithium is a total breakthrough for the prevention of suicide, related to bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder (MDD).
The APA states that “For suicide, lithium maintenance treatment was associated with an 80-90% decrease in risk, whereas the reduction in suicide attempt rates was more than 90%.”http://www.psychiatryonline.com/content.aspx?aID=56792 See Section titled: IV. Specific Treatment Modalities A. Somatic Therapies 2. Lithium
Review all studies throughout this document by right clicking on the blue study titles.
I am not suggesting that the VA should prescribe
pharmaceutical lithium to suicidal veterans.
That is very ‘old and toxic news’.
Thankfully we have a “bona fide” solution (Lithium Orotate)
for the immediate-beginning of the end, to this never-ending dilemma.
What we will scientifically demonstrate (from published medical studies) beyond a reasonable doubt is that the VA has a brand new opportunity that ensures an end to this suicide scourge, upon our nation’s beloved veterans.
Lithium Orotate is the newest, cutting-edge-technology solution, for the intractable suicide plague that has infected the veterans of the U.S. and severely undermines the moral of our troops and their families. Furthermore, Lithium Orotate (LO) as you will soon learn presents an unprecedented advancement, potentially enhancing the perseverance and stamina of our troops while on the battlefield, causing a profound mental and emotional strengthening of the soldier, actively defending America.
Additionally, LO is quite possibly, the most effective solution in the prevention and treatment of PTSD, as well as major depression. Finally, troops utilizing LO would be allowed to re-deploy, while utilizing this natural product, as there are no associated impairments, only enhancements, associated with its use.
Lithium Orotate is a total breakthrough for Major Depression as “…lithium augmentation is the first-choice treatment procedure for depressed patients who fail to respond to antidepressant monotherapy.” Lithium augmentation in treatment-resistant depression: meta-analysis of placebo-controlled studies. (Bauer and Dopfmer 1999)
Not only is Lithium Orotate a total breakthrough for Major Depression, PTSD and the suicide epidemic, Lithium Orotate is likely (as suggested by published medical research) extremely effective in managing the symptoms of many stress-induced medical conditions listed below and numerous other medical conditions with multiple causes.
ALS aka Lou Gehrig’s disease
Borderline personality disorder
Bruxism (grinding teeth)
Drug abuse and withdrawal
Generalized Anxiety disorder
Inflammatory Bowel disease
Ischemic Heart disease
Liver disease chronic-cirrhosis
Obsessive Compulsive disorder
Organic Brain syndrome
Periodic Limb Movement disorder
Restless Leg syndrome
Severe Mood Dysregulation
Social Anxiety aka Social Phobia
Spinal Cord injury
Substance Abuse disorder
Transient Ischemic attack
Viral infections i.e. (Herpes and HIV/AIDS)
It is important to note, the only thing that Lithium Orotate has in common with Pharma-lithium is the lithium, which as it turns out is not a drug after all. Lithium (Li) is an essential trace mineral (Li is #3 on the periodic table of elements). http://www.webelements.com/ The breakthrough of Lithium Orotate is the mineral transporter, Orotic acid; facilitating near 100% intra-cellular absorption of lithium and as such, dramatically reduces lithium dosing to well below non-toxic levels.
What is Orotic acid? Simply put (for the purpose of this discussion) it is the body’s (self- produced) supreme mineral transporter! The human body produces Orotic acid (OA) within the intestines via intestinal flora and is ingested from many food sources.(1,2) http://gut.bmj.com/content/33/10/1331(1) “Vitamin B13 (Orotic Acid)”(2) For an in-depth discussion of Orotic acid please review the best document I have found on this topic @ http://teamcrown.net/newsiteb/2/How%20Orotates%20Work.pdf by Ed Sharpe “As theorized many years ago by the pioneering German physician Hans Nieper, orotates are a component of a natural system of electrolyte carriers for distributing minerals throughout the body.” “Either way—via enhanced diffusion or active transport—complexing a mineral with orotate results in increased uptake of both components of the complex by cells.” (Ed Sharpe) http://teamcrown.net/newsiteb/2/How%20Orotates%20Work.pdf
Orotic acid has been discovered to act as a mineral transporter and actually ‘transports’ the mineral it is attached to, through the cell membrane into the interior of the cell. (Dr. Hans Neiper 1974) http://teamcrown.net/newsiteb/2/Calcium%20Orotate–Nieper%20General.pdf
Lithium Orotate at dosages approximately 1/10th of Pharma-lithium dosing are achieving excellent results in the management and treatment of major mood disorders such as Major Depression, bipolar disorder; and yes PTSD. Furthermore all signs of lithium toxicity are eliminated at these low dosages.
With Lithium Orotate there are no significant side-effects, adverse reactions, drug interactions or any significant adverse effects upon the kidney, thyroid or heart; as is so often seen with Pharma-lithium when dosages exceed 100 mg of elemental lithium. This is the breakthrough of Lithium Orotate! All the benefits of lithium supplementation without the toxicity associated with extreme doses of Pharma-lithium.
Dr. Hans Neiper is the inventor of Lithium Orotate and the physician who successfully treated President Ronald Reagan’s cancer. Dr. Neiper made a monumental discovery during his ‘cultured cell experiments’ analyzing the absorption pattern of mineral salts. Dr. Neiper discovered that ‘mineral orotate’s passed freely through the cell membrane, entering the cell plasma and releasing the mineral ions within the interior of the cell (cell plasma) to be metabolized by critical cell organelles, e.g., the mitochondria and the cell nucleus. SEE http://teamcrown.net/newsiteb/2/Calcium%20Orotate–Nieper%20General.pdf
Conversely Dr. Neiper witnessed in his cultured cell experiments that, the other mineral salts (such as lithium aspartate, carbonate and chloride salts) did not pass freely through the cell membrane, but in fact, the majority of the mineral ions became ‘trapped’ within the cell membrane and were metabolized within the cell membrane, NOT within the cell plasma.
Dr. Neiper states “Keep this in mind: different transporters go to different structures inside the cell.” Dr. Neiper observed that only Lithium Orotate (LO) passed through the cell membrane in its entirety to enter the interior cell plasma. Lithium attached to any other mineral carriers, aka transporters, deposited lithium within the cell membrane, thereby minimizing the amount of lithium that enters the cell interior/plasma. Lithium produces its primary therapeutic results within the cell plasma, not trapped within the cell membrane. Dr. Hans Neiper asserts in his writings and public lectures that Orotic acid increases intra-cellular lithium absorption by at least ten times.
It is within the cell’s interior plasma that lithium is primarily therapeutic.
The key distinction between the pharmaceutical lithium salts, (Li-carbonate, Li-chloride) and Li-orotate is this; Orotic acid is added to Li-carbonate at the chemical processing plant and as such, is now referred to as Lithium Orotate.
Another way of stating this key distinction is that Pharma-lithium is unable to pass efficiently and freely through the cell membrane, thus requiring massive (toxic) amounts of Pharma-lithium to be ingested to ‘push’ the Pharma-lithium into the cell. It is widely known by nutritionist and biochemist’s that mineral carbonates or mineral chlorides are poorly absorbed intra-cellularly. “Mineral salts are poorly absorbed and often cause gastrointestinal distress.” (Cellular Nutrition Guaranteed) http://www.cellular-nutrition-guaranteed.com/minerals.html
Modern day evidence of Pharma-lithium’s poor absorption is visualized through a form of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies, called magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS). MRS studies have verified that Pharma-lithium is only fractionally absorbed by the brain cells. Brain lithium concentration by 7Li- and 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy in bipolar disorder. (Kato et al. 1992)
To recap, the primary difference between these two lithium salts (Pharm-lithium and Lithium Orotate) is how much lithium via each compound; a patient has to ingest, to get the therapeutic benefits. The defining issue is how much lithium is absorbed within the cells interior, i.e. the cell plasma, as opposed to being stuck within the cell membrane, or the bloodstream. Pharmaceutical lithium is estimated to be absorbed (intra-cellularly), i.e. within the cell plasma, in the range of 10-30%, depending upon the source of the estimate. Lithium Orotate is estimated to be absorbed (intra-cellularly), within the cell, in the range of 95-100%, depending upon the source of the estimate.
Circumventing the toxicity challenge of prescribing Pharma-lithium to veterans, (due to its toxicity from such extreme doses of lithium), we have the breakthrough of LO for the mood disorders previously described. LO has been demonstrated by the following study to be at least 3 times more bioavailable (absorbed) by the cells of the brain.
Keep in mind, Dr. Neiper suggested that LO is at least 10 times more absorbed (within the cell plasma) than Pharma-lithium. So the question exists, “why was there only 3-times more Lithium Orotate within the brain?”
The study you are about to review made a massive error in analyzing Lithium Orotate (LO) by using amounts that are 10 times over the maximum typical LO dosage for humans and as such, was a toxic overdose. This leads me to believe, this massive overdose limited the LO absorption to 3 times greater because the cells were beyond their limit of absorption of the lithium ion. Next we will examine this study by (Kling et al., 1978).
Study titled: Rat brain and serum lithium concentrations after acute injections of lithium carbonate and orotate. (Kling et al. 1978, The Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
“Eight hours after intraperitoneal injections of 1.0m 2.0m and 4.0m equiv Li+ kg-1, the serum and brain lithium concentrations of rats were significantly greater after lithium orotate than after lithium carbonate….” “Furthermore, the 24 hour brain concentration of lithium after lithium orotate was approximately three times greater than that after lithium carbonate. These data suggest the possibility that lower doses of lithium orotate than lithium carbonate may achieve therapeutic brain lithium concentrations and relatively stable serum concentrations.” (Kling, Manowitz & Pollack, 1978)
Three times more absorption by brain cells, facilitated by Lithium Orotate, allows for a reduction of total lithium within the blood stream, by approximately 70%, while maintaining therapeutic ‘intra-cellular’ lithium levels. At these reduced levels, we find clinically that all previous contraindication for prescribing lithium are eliminated.
In other words, effective therapeutic dosing with Lithium Orotate has no significant side effects, adverse events, drug interactions, or organ dysfunctions; as such eliminates the need to monitor the blood lithium levels. The clinical applications of lithium orotate. A two years study. (Neiper 1973)
Major researchers of Lithium Orotate; Jonathan Wright, M.D. and Ward Dean, M.D. concur with Dr. Neiper’ conclusions.
This complete absence of side effects and blood monitoring, dramatically increases patient compliance, as there are no longer any detrimental reasons for not taking this essential mineral.
Lithium Orotate (LO) creates the very real possibility of reducing veteran suicides by 90-95%.
The reason this possibility exists is that the patient is happy to be compliant, utilizing the product daily, as for the patient experience, there are no adverse effects, (including no kidney and thyroid malfunction) or contra-indications, regarding drinking alcohol or taking LO along with other medicines. Veterans prefer taking Lithium Orotate, because they don’t have to stop drinking alcohol with their comrades. And lastly, they feel so much better, within 1-3 weeks, many can hardly believe it. The prescribing medical and alternative holistic physicians treating them are equally impressed with Lithium Orotate as well.
Perhaps the most amazing finding, from these Lithium Orotate prescribing, alternative-minded physicians is how little Lithium Orotate is required, to achieve maximum results. The typical therapeutic range for dosing with Lithium Orotate for Major Depression is in the range of 10-20 mg per day, of pure elemental lithium; with the exception of treating the most extreme cases of bipolar disorder, in which alternative doctors are prescribing up to 55 mg elemental lithium, via Lithium Orotate in maintenance therapy, in order to achieve maximal, sustained remission from the mania of bipolar disorder.
While mainstream psychiatrists routinely prescribe 100-200 mg of elemental lithium, via Pharma-lithium (for maintenance treatment of Major Depression), alternative medical doctors are routinely prescribing 1/10 of the elemental lithium dose (10-20 mg of elemental lithium), via Lithium Orotate, for maintenance of similar medical conditions, such as Major Depression. (Ward Dean, M.D.) Dr. Ward Dean’ article titled “The Safe, Unique Mineral with Multiple Uses” is located at the following internet address. http://www.onlineholistichealth.com/lithium-orotate-the-safe-mineral.html
These facts are in keeping with Dr. Neiper’s assertion that Lithium Orotate (LO) is at least ten times more bio-available (absorbed) by the cells of the brain. Numerous medical doctors concur.
While there is controversy surrounding the assertion of superior intra-cellular absorption by Lithium Orotate (LO) (due to erroneous laboratory analysis of LO) there is NO controversy regarding the effectiveness and superiority of LO amongst the medical doctors who are presently prescribing LO in their practices.
In support of the Lithium Orotate (LO) phenomenon, many alternative medical doctors are presently prescribing LO across the U.S. for major mood disorders, anxiety disorders, sleeping disorders and other neurological disorders with LO. Due to concerns over potential FDA persecution, (for prescribing LO), most medical doctors have done so, covertly. A notable exception is Dr. Jonathan Wright.
Jonathan Wright, M.D. is a well known and highly esteemed family practitioner, published author, public speaker and is one of the nation’s leading clinical researchers, of Lithium Orotate administration.
Dr. Wright is on record stating that, “Even at a quantity of two low-dose lithium orotate tablets, three times daily (for a total 30 milligrams of elemental lithium) patients serum (blood lithium levels), usually remains in the “non-detectable” or “below therapeutic” range, which means that they (the patients) are very safe. In my 30 years of practice, I have never had a patient report of lithium excess.” http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/lithium-orotate/id13.html
Furthermore, in communication with me, Dr. Wright declared “After decades of clinical research and laboratory testing of LO on my patients, I discovered that LO, up to 40 mg per day of elemental lithium is completely safe (without significant side effects, or adverse effects of any kind, including heart, kidney or thyroid dysfunction) and absolutely effective in the treatment of numerous mental, neurological and physical conditions.”
Here is a list of high-profile medical doctors who are prescribing (or recommending) Lithium Orotate (LO). There are perhaps thousands more prescribing LO covertly to avoid potential FDA persecution.
1. Jonathan Wright, M.D. “The Importance of Lithium Supplementation” “In fact, lithium isn’t a drug at all. The amounts of lithium I recommend for brain anti-aging range from 10-20 milligrams (from lithium aspartate or lithium orotate) daily. http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/lithium-orotate/id13.html
2. Mark Hyman, M.D. Best-selling Author “The UltraMind Solution” “Lithium is an essential micronutrient…” “It is present in all organs and tissues in the body.”Lithium Orotate Purchase Source http://store.ultrawellnesscenter.com/Store/Show/Brain-and-Mood-Support/743/Lithium-%28orotate%29,-5mg
3. Ward Dean, M.D. “Lithium Orotate: The Unique Safe Mineral with Multiple Uses” “The lithium salt of orotic acid (lithium orotate) improves the specific effects of lithium many-fold by increasing lithium bio-utilization.” “Lithium orotate has also been used with success in alleviating the pain from migraine and cluster headaches, low white blood counts, juvenile convulsive disease, alcoholism and liver disorders.” See: http://intelegen.com/nutrients/lithium_orotate_the_unique.htm “…Lithium Orotate is extremely safe, with no known adverse side effects or drug interactions.” “Lithium Orotate does not require blood tests to establish a “therapeutic” level, as the prescription forms do, nor is it toxic to the kidneys as the prescription forms are. Prescription lithium is poorly absorbed by the cells, where it needs to be to do its job. Because it is so poorly absorbed, blood levels need to be fairly high to “drive” it into the cells. Unfortunately, these “therapeutic” blood levels are dangerously close to the toxic level. That’s why patients on prescription lithium need to be carefully monitored. Successful dosing with Lithium Orotate is measured by clinical effects on the patient, rather than by blood levels. Lithium Orotate will not cause weight gain, nor will it cause sedation or sleepiness.” (Ward Dean, M.D.) http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/lithium-orotate/id10.html Who is Dr. Dean? See www.warddeanmd.com
4. H. E. Sartori, M.D. Lithium orotate in the treatment of alcoholism and related conditions. Thirty-six of the 42 patients studied had been hospitalized at least once for the management of their alcoholism. “Lithium orotate proved useful as the main pharmacologic agent for the treatment of alcoholism. Ten of the patients had no relapse for over three and up to 10 years, 13 patients remained without relapse for 1 to 3 years, and the remaining 12 had relapses between 6 to 12 months. Lithium orotate therapy was safe and the adverse side effects noted were minor, i.e., eight patients developed muscle weakness, loss of appetite or mild apathy. For these patients, the symptoms subsided when the daily dose was given 4 to 5 times weekly.
(This finding of mild side effects subsiding once the Lithium Orotate dosage was reduced, provides further scientific evidence that lithium has no toxicity when taken in small reasonable dosages). (Dr. Millar 2011)
5. Lawrence Wilson, M.D. “Lithium” “Lithium is one of the most important elements in the human body.” http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/LITHIUM.htm
6. Dietrich K. Klinghardt, M.D, PhD “Lyme disease: A Look Beyond Antibiotics” “Lithium-orotate or aspartate in low doses (15 mg/day) has been shown to protect CNS structures from neurotoxin damage.” See Page 4 – The Mineral Issue http://www.samento.com.ec/sciencelib/4lyme/beyondantibiotics.html
7. Linda Fugate, PhD “Lithium’s Potential Role in Preventing Alzheimer’s disease” “…lithium orotate- is a highly bioavailable form of lithium that is available as an over-the-counter dietary supplement.” http://gordonresearch.com/Presentations/GRI_mar07/articles/lithium_potential_role.html
8. Dr R Stone, M.D. “Trace Mineral Salt Lithium Orotate to Treat Many Diseases of the Brain” “Quantum brain uses Lithium Orotate for the treatment of kleptomania, schizophrenia, migraine, alcoholism, stress-induced memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease.” http://tracemineralhealth.com/trace-mineral-salt-lithium-orotate-to-treat-many-diseases-of-the-brain-brain-quantum-healing
9. Shaheen Lakhan, M.D. “Nutritional Therapies for Mental Disorders” “Another form of lithium called lithium orotate, is preferred because the orotate ion crosses the blood-brain barrier more easily than the carbonate ion of lithium carbonate. Therefore, lithium orotate can be used in much lower doses (e.g. 5 mg) with remarkable results and no side effects.” http://www.nutritionj.com/content/7/1/2
10. Ray Sahelian, M.D. “Lithium supplement and medication” Available without a prescription – “Lithium orotate has been marketed as an alternative to lithium carbonate. As this natural supplement, lithium is joined with an orotate ion, rather than to a carbonate ion.” http://www.raysahelian.com/lithium.html
11. Phuli Cohan M.D. “How I am Treating My Lyme” Lithium Orotate Personal Protocol – Mood – “Lithium Orotate (4.8 mg) 2 pills three times/day (this is not the same as lithium carbonate used in bipolar illness) was also helpful.” http://phulicohanmd.com/?cat=26
12. Garry F. Gordon M.D., DO, MD(H) “Dr. Gordon’s Personal Daily Protocol” – Lithium Orotate – Beyond Lithium (Lithium orotate – 4.8 mg) taken once nightly. http://gordonresearch.com/Protocols/Personal_Protocol.html
13. Alice R. Laule, M.D. “Lithium” “The form of lithium I have recommended is Lithium Orotate primarily…” “Lithium is a trace element which has important functions in the brain, including protecting brain cells from various toxins, and reducing the ill effects in particular of an over abundance of certain neuro-excitatory neurotransmitters which are useful in balanced amounts but harmful in large amounts.” http://www.futurevisionsfoundation.org/Lithium.htm
14. Al Sears, M.D. “Lithium Orotate is a safe and simple way to help beat the blues.” “Lithium itself is not a drug…” http://www.alsearsmd.com/?s=LITHIUM+OROTATE
15. Kerry D. Friesen, M.D. “Lithium Orotate” “Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium.” http://www.lipids4life.com/nutritional-supplements/lithium-orotate/
16. C Norman Shealy, MD, PhD “The Shealy Protocol for Treating Depression and Fibromyalgia” Lithium Orotate Dosage Page 2; (20-45mg elemental lithium per day) http://www.caycegoldengate.com/Flyers/Shealy%202%20Protocols.pdf http://www.iodine4health.com/overviews/clinicians/shealy_clinician.htm
17. James Howenstine, M.D. Lithium– “How to Enlarge Your Brain and Improve Brain Performance” http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james11.htm
18. Jeffrey Dach, M.D. “Lithium Orotate, on the other hand, is more bio-available, and safer than the Lithium Carbonate.” http://www.drdach.com/wst_page8.html
19. Hans D. Gruenn, M.D. Lithium Orotate Purchase Source http://www.drgruenn.com/store/all-supplements/lithium-orotate-60-capsules.html
All of these doctors report that LO is extremely effective and without significant side effects when taken in reasonable low-dosages.
These medical doctors are achieving excellent results with LO, at typical dosages in the approximate range of 10-20 mg of elemental lithium. This is compared to Pharma-lithium dosing of major mood disorders, in the range of 100-200 mg of elemental lithium. (Ward Dean, M.D) http://www.onlineholistichealth.com/lithium-orotate-the-safe-mineral.html
Without side effects from Lithium Orotate, long term patient compliance approaches 100%. Due to dramatic increases in patient utilization of this breakthrough remedy, Lithium Orotate creates the very real possibility of reducing veteran suicides by 90-95%. (Mark Millar, D.C. 2011)
If Lithium Orotate, were to be prescribed to all veterans with suicidal mood disorders, all of the existing evidence published in medical journals, suggests that, Lithium Orotate would essentially shut down the present epidemic of veteran suicides. (Dr. Millar 2011)
Because low-dose Lithium Orotate causes no drug interactions, or sensory impairments of any kind, Lithium Orotate can be added to any pre-existing treatment regimen and troops would be able to redeploy while utilizing Lithium Orotate. (Dr. Millar 2011)
What follows next is an outline of the contents of this document. All references are provided in blue for easy access (with right click of mouse) to the studies presented here-in.
1. Lithium has been shown to reduce suicide rates associated with bipolar, major depressive and schizo-affective disorders in the range of 80-90%. (Harvard Medical School and the American Psychiatric Association – Practice Guideline for the Assessment and Treatment of Patients With Suicidal Behaviors (2003) (1-3) Decreased risk of suicides and attempts during long-term lithium treatment: a meta-analytic review. (1)(Baldessarini et al. 2006) Harvard Medical School Lithium treatment reduces suicide risk in recurrent major depressive disorder. (2) (Guzzetta et al. 2007) Harvard Medical School
“For suicide, lithium maintenance treatment was associated with an 80%–90% decrease in risk, whereas the reduction in suicide attempt rates was more than 90%.” American Psychiatric Association, Practice Guideline (2003) See paragraph #4 titled lithium. http://www.psychiatryonline.com/content.aspx?aID=56792 (3)
The phenomenal effect of pharmaceutical lithium, to prevent suicides (amongst the patient populations with the most deadly suicidal mood disorders), has been demonstrated by Harvard Medical School meta-analyses (combined analysis). The lithium suicide studies referenced here, span over 30 years and these studies have been meta-analyzed by numerous Harvard Medical School researchers, Lower suicide risk with long-term lithium treatment in major affective illness: a meta-analysis. (Tondo et al. 2001) Harvard Medical School Lithium treatment and suicide risk in major affective disorders: update and new findings. (Baldessarini et al. 2003) Harvard Medical School
These findings are confirmed and published by the American Psychiatric Association (APA): “Practice Guideline for the Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Suicidal Behaviors” (2003) The APA states, “There is strong and consistent evidence in patients with recurring bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder that, long-term maintenance treatment with lithium salts is associated with major reductions in risk of both suicide and suicide attempts.” http://www.psychiatryonline.com/content.aspx?aID=56792
The question that must be answered then; why is the Veteran Health Administration (VHA) only prescribing lithium in 1 out of 200 cases of major depression and 1 in 50 cases of treatment-resistant depression? (Valenstein et al. 2006)
2. The profound ability of pharmaceutical lithium to prevent suicides has been demonstrated in over 30 human lithium studies, many of which were randomized, placebo-controlled trials. “These benefits were sustained in randomized as well as open clinical trials.” (Baldessarini et al. 2006), Harvard Medical School Decreased risk of suicides and attempts during long-term lithium treatment: a meta-analytic review.
Now I will share excerpts from two of the most recent Harvard study abstracts, demonstrating lithium’s astounding ability to prevent suicide.
Study title: Decreased risk of suicides and attempts during long-term lithium treatment: a meta-analytic review. (Baldessarini RJ, Tondo L, Davis P, Pompili M, Goodwin FK, Hennen J., 2006) International Consortium for Research on Bipolar Disorders, Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
Results: “In 31 studies suitable for meta-analysis, involving a total of 85,229 person-years of risk-exposure, the overall risk of suicides and attempts was five times less among lithium-treated subjects than among those not treated with lithium.”
Conclusions: “Risks of completed and attempted suicide were consistently lower, by approximately 80%, during treatment of bipolar and other major affective disorder patients with lithium for an average of 18 months.” The other major affective mood disorders in this meta-analysis were major depression and schizo-affective disorder. (Baldessarini et al. 2006) This meta-analytic study is equivalent to, a study of over 10,000 patients, conducted for a period of eight years.
Study title: Lithium treatment reduces suicide risk in recurrent major depressive disorder.
(Guzzetta et al., 2007) Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
It was discovered via a meta-analysis of 8 human studies (329 patients) that lithium reduced the risk of suicide and suicide attempts associated with major depressive disorder by 85-90% in accordance with similar findings of suicide prevention for bipolar disorder. “Overall risk of suicides and suicide attempts was 88.5% lower with vs. without lithium.” (Guzzetta et al. 2007)
3. These lithium suicide prevention findings are further validated, by significantly increased suicide rates seen in patients, who discontinue their lithium treatment. On average, patients who discontinue their lithium treatment have increased rates of suicide at approximately, 5 times the rate of those who continue lithium for the long-term. Lower suicide risk with long-term lithium treatment in major affective illness: a meta-analysis. (Tondo et al. 2001) Lithium therapy and suicide risk. (Nilsson 1999)
The most common reason patients discontinue their Pharma-lithium therapy is due to significant intolerable side effects, i.e. neurological and sensory impairments. Factors associated with discontinuation of long-term lithium treatment. (Nilsson and Axelsson 1989)
It is critically important that you understand that lithium side effects and toxicity typically do NOT begin to express themselves until dosages over 100 mg of elemental lithium (EL) are administered. With Lithium Orotate dosages typically in the 10-40 mg EL range, all toxicity and significant side effects are eliminated. All mineral supplements have a toxic dosage limit and the essential trace mineral lithium is no exception.
4. A 70% reduction of suicide attempts has been scientifically demonstrated, even in lithium-treated patients that show little or no clinical relief of mood disorder symptoms. Does lithium exert an independent antisuicidal effect? (Ahrens and Muller-Oerlinghausen, 2001) This finding suggests that lithium should be prescribed (specifically for the prevention of suicide) even when the patient expresses no relief of depressive symptoms.
5. Lithium and Lithium Orotate have also been demonstrated to be highly beneficial in the treatment of PTSD. This finding of high efficacy of lithium treatment for PTSD should come as no surprise to the VA, as it was the VA that first revealed these findings in 1991 at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Seattle, WA. (Fesler 1991) The author states, “The symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) suggest sympathetic nervous system hyper-arousal and hyper-reactivity.” Specifically, Fesler writes that lithium has been shown to be effective for PTSD symptoms of intrusive re-experiencing of past trauma and hyperarousal. (Fesler, 1991, Psychiatry Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 1991) Valproate in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder.
In a group of seven veterans that I consulted with, suffering with symptoms of major depression and PTSD; I witnessed near miraculous results for those veterans utilizing Lithium Orotate. As a group, the most profound relief was noted as significantly lifted spirits, dramatic reductions in hyper-arousal and anxiety symptoms and dramatically improved sleep, with a rapid and near complete resolution of nightmares.
6. Lithium (Li) is a trace mineral in the same class (alkali metals) as essential minerals, sodium (NA) and potassium (K). SEE http://www.webelements.com/ Contrary to popular belief, lithium is not a drug. The pharmaceutical industry would like us to believe that lithium is a drug (and preferably believing, a toxic drug as well). Lithium is neither inherently toxic, nor harmful in any way to humans, when consumed in reasonably low doses. Recent research suggests that lithium is the single most essential nutrient for overall neurological health. (Millar 2011)
Lithium is now considered by many renowned medical doctors and nutritional experts to be essential for human health.
“Lithium is an essential micronutrient…” “It is present in all organs and tissues in the body.” (Mark Hyman, M.D.) http://store.ultrawellnesscenter.com/Store/Show/Brain-and-Mood-Support/743/Lithium-%28orotate%29,-5mg
Lawrence Wilson, M.D. “Lithium” “Lithium is one of the most important elements in the human body.” http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/LITHIUM.htm
“Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium.” (Kerry D. Friesen, M.D.) http://www.lipids4life.com/nutritional-supplements/lithium-orotate/
Few Americans know or understand that lithium (proven in animal studies) is in fact, an essential trace mineral, (Schrauzer 2002).
While lithium remains unofficially declared as a human essential trace mineral, Dr. Schrauzer, an expert in the field of nutrition and lithium essentiality declared that the research and evidence, suggests that lithium is indeed essential for optimal human health and function. Dr. Schrauzer states years ago that, “The available experimental evidence now appears to be sufficient to accept lithium as essential; a provisional RDA for a 70 kg adult of 1,000 microgram/day is suggested.” (Schrauzer PhD., Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, USA, 2002) See Lithium: occurrence, dietary intakes, nutritional essentiality. (Dr. Schrauzer 2002) See Dr. Schrauzer’ full report @ http://www.jacn.org/content/21/1/14.full
7. Lithium, a trace mineral, naturally occurring in municipal water supplies around the world, has been demonstrated to significantly reduce suicide rates (approximately 30% reduction) amongst the general population, (90% of which have a diagnosed mental disorder at the time of their suicide). The amounts of lithium in the water, are approximately one thousand times less than pharmaceutical dosing, (100 micrograms vs. 100 milligrams) of patients with major mood disorders. Lithium in drinking water and the incidences of crimes, suicides, and arrests related to drug addictions. (Schrauzer and Shrestha 1990)
8. Fox News broadcast the breakthrough Japanese research study, of lithium, (a naturally occurring trace mineral, found naturally in ground water), demonstrating that lithium significantly reduces suicide rates of the general population who consume the lithium-containing municipal water, containing minute amounts of lithium. http://www.lovethetruth.com/health/lithium_in_water.htm
Well meaning U.S. citizens have been publicly denouncing the Government for (considering) adding lithium to the U.S. water supply without citizen approval or knowledge. http://www.infowars.com/fox-news-covers-mass-drugging-of-society-with-lithium/ These whistle-blowers are simply brain-washed victims, of one of the largest MISINFORMATION PROPAGANDA campaigns ever waged against the American Public.
You see the Pharmaceutical industry wants Americans to believe that lithium is a drug and now, unknowing Americans have been duped into the belief that the Government is ADDING lithium to the drinking water. This could not be further from the truth! Lithium has NOT been added to the drinking water; Lithium is naturally occurring in aquifers that source municipal water supplies all over the planet. Mining of lithium occurs all over the planet in underground ‘brines’ (areas of high lithium concentration in underground water). See photo of lithium mining site @ https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpHGiHSpUcUKto2YMlNn409mm6xg-iRsOwB8B3uIF8guJRqhhLyA
9. A total of three lithium-water-suicide prevention studies have been conducted and published in Texas, (1) Japan, (2) and Austria (3). Lithium in drinking water and the incidences of crimes, suicides, and arrests related to drug addictions. (1) Lithium levels in drinking water and risk of suicide. (2) Lithium in drinking water and suicide mortality. (3)
The first published study was conducted in Texas and the researchers found that by analyzing 27 Texas counties, from 1978-1987, it was discovered that, the incidence rates of suicide, homicide, rape, drug abuse and felonious acts of crime were significantly lower in the 20+ Texas counties with underground drinking water supplies containing minute amounts of lithium; with water lithium levels ranging from 70-170 micro-grams/L. Additionally this study found a significantly reduced rate of arrests the authors noted for drug possession of, “…opium, cocaine, and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, and codeine) …” Lithium in drinking water and the incidences of crimes, suicides, and arrests related to drug addictions.
These findings of significantly reduced suicide, in relation to minute amounts of lithium, naturally present in the underground drinking water, were later verified in a study conducted in Japan, (Ohgami et al., 2009) Lithium levels in drinking water and risk of suicide. and most recently in Austria, (Kapusta et al. 2011). Lithium in drinking water and suicide mortality.
All three of these studies in Texas, Japan and Austria were massive studies, (analyzing millions of citizens) over very large areas and each study concurred, the research showed, lithium in minute doses, provides a profound effect upon significantly reducing suicide in the general population.
Perhaps the most amazing finding of these studies is that, lithium apparently provides suicide protection in the general population at dosages 1000 times less than pharmaceutical dosing of major mood disorders.
This finding suggests that very low-dose lithium supplementation will provide significant protection against suicide. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, 90% of all general population suicides, (likely preventable by minute lithium in the drinking water) have a physicians diagnosis of mental illness, (Conwell et al. 1996). Relationships of age and axis I diagnoses in victims of completed suicide: a psychological autopsy study.
So it appears that, from even the smallest amounts of lithium orotate supplementation, veterans with major mood disorder diagnoses will be profoundly protected from suicide. (Millar 2011)
10. Lithium Orotate, according to laboratory analysis is apparently, at least, 3 times more absorbed intracellularly by the cells of the brain, (compared to Pharma-lithium) and as such allows, for dosing to be reduced accordingly. (Kling et al., 1978)
Three times more absorption by brain cells, via Lithium Orotate, allows for a reduction of total lithium within the blood stream by approximately 70%. At these reduced levels, we find clinically that all previous contraindication for prescribing lithium are eliminated; in other words, effective therapeutic dosing with Lithium orotate has no significant side effects, adverse events, drug interactions, or organ dysfunctions. Veterans prefer taking lithium orotate, because they don’t have to stop drinking alcohol with their comrades.
Lithium Orotate (LO) creates the very real possibility of reducing veteran suicides by 90-95%.
11. Lithium Orotate has been black-listed from modern psychiatric medical practice, because pharmaceutical representatives constructed a sham Lithium Orotate study, demonstrating spurious laboratory findings. In this sham laboratory experiment the researchers gave the lab animals 20 times more Lithium Orotate (2.0 mmol) than is typically prescribed (0.1 mmol) by alternative medical and holistic physicians, for the treatment of major mood disorders. Furthermore these amounts of Lithium Orotate analyzed in this experiment were 10 times the maximum amount of Lithium Orotate (2.0 mmol, equivalent to 400 mg elemental lithium) than is typically (maximally) prescribed (0.2 mmol, equivalent to 40 mg elemental lithium) by alternative medical and holistic physicians, for the treatment of major mood disorders.
As a natural result of lithium intoxication, the lab animals experienced acute kidney inflammation so the researchers concluded their sham study by stating, “It seems inadvisable to use lithium orotate for the treatment of patients.” (Smith and Schou 1979)
Here are excerpts from the sham and fraudulent research study abstract, demonstrating the spurious results that, has effectively suppressed Lithium Orotate for decades. This study was published in the Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (1979).
Study titled: Kidney function and lithium concentrations of rats given an injection of lithium orotate or lithium carbonate. (Smith & Schou 1979)
“A recent study by Kling et al (1978) noted the finding of higher lithium concentrations in serum and brain of rats after an intra-peritoneal injection (2.0mmol lithium kg-1) of lithium orotate as a slurry than of lithium carbonate in solution. The authors suggested that lithium orotate might offer advantages in the treatment of patients.” We repeated the experiments of Kling et al., but in addition examined the kidney function of the rats.” “…The kidney weight and the lithium concentrations in serum, kidney and heart were significantly higher after injection of lithium orotate than after injection of lithium carbonate…” “It seems inadvisable to use lithium orotate for the treatment of patients.” (Smith and Schou 1979)
You must understand the following; beyond 300 mg of elemental lithium (EL) for daily human consumption is (almost never used, except for short-term extreme cases of psychosis) and 400 mg EL may cause a severe toxic reaction in the human brain. Severe neurological symptoms may commonly present at 1.5-2.0 mmol, equivalent to (300-400 mg elemental lithium (EL) and at levels above 2.0 mmol (400 mg EL) lithium can cause long-term potentially irreversible brain damage.
“Serum lithium levels of 1.5-2.0 mM may have mild and reversible toxic effects on kidney, liver, heart, and glands. Serum levels of >2 mM may be associated with neurological symptoms, including cerebellar dysfunction. Prolonged lithium intoxication >2 mM can cause permanent brain damage.” (Dr. Young, W. M. Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey 2009) Review of lithium effects on brain and blood.
Why then did researchers use such extreme lithium levels (400 mg of elemental lithium) to analyze the safety of Lithium Orotate, when medical doctors are prescribing 1/20th -1/10th (20-40 mg elemental lithium) of this level of Lithium Orotate?
I suggest that they intended to portray Lithium Orotate in a dangerous way so as to scare people from utilizing this alternative product.
Given that the Pharma-industry’s researchers knew of Dr. Nieper’s assertions of verifiable, test results and his reported documentation that Lithium Orotate was at least ten times more absorbable than Pharma-lithium, it is highly probable they knew that by giving the lab animals amounts of Lithium Orotate, 10 times in excess of maximum therapeutic human consumption levels, it would obviously inflame the kidneys. After all Mogens Schou, M.D. was, until the time of his death (2005) regarded as the world’s leading expert in lithium administration and he personally conducted more lithium studies than any of his peers during his lifetime.
12. Despite the obvious pharmaceutical backed, researcher’s apparent intention, to suppress Lithium Orotate, for consumption by the general public, alternative-minded medical doctors have been prescribing Lithium Orotate for decades and are achieving outstanding results.
While seemingly rare amongst mainstream medical doctors, many alternative medical doctors are presently prescribing LO across the U.S. for major mood disorders, anxiety disorders, sleeping disorders and other neurological disorders with lithium orotate. These medical doctors are achieving excellent results with LO, at dosages in the approximate range of 10-20 mg of elemental lithium; compared to Pharma-lithium dosing of major mood disorders, in the range of 100-200 mg of elemental lithium. (Ward Dean, M.D.) http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/siteinfoinprintableformat/
Sadly due to the sham research produced by (Smith and Schou 1979) most mainstream medical doctors are too concerned by the analysis of Lithium Orotate to risk prescribing it to their patients; so they continue to prescribe toxic amounts of lithium via pharmaceutical preparations.
Due to concerns over potential FDA persecution, (for prescribing Lithium Orotate), most medical doctors have done so, covertly. A notable exception is Dr. Jonathan Wright.
Jonathan Wright, M.D. (a well known family practitioner, published author, public speaker and major clinical researcher of Lithium Orotate administration), is on record stating that, “Even at a quantity of two low-dose lithium orotate tablets, three times daily (for a total 30 milligrams of elemental lithium) patients serum (blood lithium levels), usually remains in the “non-detectable” or “below therapeutic” range, which means that they (the patients) are very safe. In my 30 years of practice, I have never had a patient report of lithium excess.” (Dr. Jonathan Wright, M.D.) See “The Misunderstood Mineral” http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/lithium-orotate/id13.html
Furthermore, Dr. Wright he is quoted as saying “After decades of clinical research and laboratory testing of LO on my patients, I discovered that administering Lithium Orotate up to 40 mg per day of elemental lithium is completely safe (without side effects) and absolutely effective in the treatment of numerous mental, neurological and physical conditions.”
13. Because greater than 80% of psychiatric patient suicides, occur while patients are not medicated, or after the patient has discontinued taking their medications; (Mann et al., 2005 – JAMA) Suicide prevention strategies: a systematic review. (Henriksson et al. 2001) Suicides are seldom prescribed antidepressants: findings from a prospective prescription database in Jämtland county, Sweden, 1985-95. (Lonnqvist et al., 1995) Mental disorders and suicide prevention. this infers that of the 15% of lithium-treated patients who were not spared from suicide (most likely due to discontinuation of lithium therapy) an additional 12% could potentially be saved by LO, due to dramatic increases in continued, long-term lithium use, i.e. increased patient compliance.
14. If Lithium Orotate, were to be prescribed to all veterans with suicidal mood disorders, all of the existing evidence, published in medical journals, suggests that, Lithium Orotate would essentially shut down the present epidemic of veteran suicides. (Dr. Millar 2011)
As previously stated with low-dose Lithium Orotate supplementation there are NO significant side effects, therefore patients are very happy to continue taking Lithium Orotate indefinitely.
Without side effects from Lithium Orotate, long term patient compliance approaches 100%. Due to dramatic increases in patient utilization of this breakthrough remedy, Lithium Orotate creates the very real possibility of reducing veteran suicides by 90-95%. (Dr. Millar 2011)
How about that General Shinseki; a potential, near complete resolution, of the veteran suicide epidemic!
15. Because low-dose LO causes no drug interactions, or sensory impairments of any kind, LO can be added to any pre-existing treatment regimen and troops would be able to re-deploy while utilizing LO.
As you know at the present time soldiers utilizing pharmaceutical lithium, are banned from redeployment http://www.newtimesslo.com/cover/2010/the-long-road-home/ by the Pentagon guidelines published in 2006, due to lithium’s potential toxicity and its potential to impair the soldier’s performance.
16. Furthermore, lithium has also been demonstrated to be significantly more effective than antidepressants, as the primary treatment of major depressive disorder, aka unipolar depression, when the number of recurrent hospital admissions were comparatively analyzed, (Cipriani et al. 2006)
This study was published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews in 2006.
Study title: Lithium versus antidepressants in the long-term treatment of unipolar affective disorder.
(Cipriani et al. 2006) University of Verona, Department of Medicine and Public Health, Section of Psychiatry, Verona, Italy
“Eight trials involving 475 people were included. Two of the studies included a mixed group of participants with either bipolar or unipolar disorder. Relapse was defined as admission to a hospital and when all kinds of relapses were considered (both depressive and manic) there was a statistically significant difference in favor of lithium.”
17. Dr. Husseini Manji, former Chief of the Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology and Director of the Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program at the National Institute of Mental Health, is on record stating, “The use of lithium as a neurotrophic/neuroprotective agent should be considered in the long-term treatment of mood disorders, irrespective of the ‘primary’ treatment modality being used for the condition.” Lithium up-regulates the cytoprotective protein Bcl-2 in the CNS in vivo: a role for neurotrophic and neuroprotective effects in manic depressive illness.
In other words, Dr. Manji is suggesting that, regardless of the existing primary pharmaceutical treatment of veterans with mood disorders, treating physicians would be wise to prescribe lithium in all cases of veteran mood disorders.
Dr. Manji is one of the most lauded researchers in the field of lithium research. His research discovered that lithium promotes the growth of new brain cells (neurogenesis). For a photo of the lithium-induced growth of new brain cells (neurogenesis) See PAGE 3; Title: Bipolar disorder See photo’s of new brain cells stimulated by Pharma-lithium @ http://www.psycheducation.org/mechanism/11Reversible.htm
Furthermore, Dr. Manji’ lithium research has demonstrated dramatic increases in human brain mass, after just 4 weeks of lithium treatment. Lithium-induced increase in human brain grey matter.
Due to lithium’s unique ability to promote nerve cell survival, function and growth (i.e. neurotrophic); and due to lithium’s nerve-protection (i.e. neuroprotection) of brain cells; (e.g. lithium has been discovered to protect brain and bodily cells against neurotoxins, such as aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury) (1-5) it is my opinion that Lithium Orotate should be seriously considered, as the primary treatment of all mood disorders for all American citizens and patients.
I repeat, lithium has been discovered to protect brain and bodily cells against neurotoxins, such as aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury) (1-5)
Protective role of lithium during aluminium-induced neurotoxicity. (Bhalla et al., 2010) (1)
Lithium protects against toxic effects of cadmium in the rat testes. (Al-Azemi et al., 2010) (3)
Mercury uptake by LLC-PK1 cells: dependence on temperature and membrane potential. (Endo et al. 1997) (5)
18. Since I am launching an formal clinical trial, (double-blind, placebo-controlled) utilizing this over the counter (no prescription necessary), natural, organic lithium compound, Lithium Orotate, I am inviting the VA to participate in this study, utilizing suicidal veterans diagnosed with major depressive disorder and PTSD.
Obviously, VA participation in this project would be a massive PR success for the VA; demonstrating its commitment to providing veterans with the most cutting-edge technology ever discovered, for the treatment of major mood disorders, PTSD and the prevention of the veteran suicide epidemic.
The research conducted by Harvard Medical School and published by the American Psychiatric Association in 2003 clearly illustrates that lithium is the Gold Standard of care for the prevention of suicide associated with major mood disorders.
It appears from all the evidence and research available, as reviewed in my book that lithium, in very low, non-toxic doses is a total breakthrough for the treatment of major depression, PTSD, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, and most importantly, in the prevention of suicide. All of this research adds up to one simple conclusion: Lithium should be prescribed to all veterans with mood disorders.
Given the massive preponderance of evidence regarding the ability of lithium to prevent suicides, it is my opinion, after 7,000 hours of researching and writing on the topic of lithium administration that, Lithium Orotate should be prescribed to all veterans with mood disorders. Lithium Orotate is the breakthrough that makes it possible to prescribe lithium to all veterans.
The preponderance of evidence, of the supreme efficacy of this essential trace mineral (in the treatment of major mood disorders, particularly in the prevention of suicide) is in my opinion, incontrovertible evidence that a VA sanctioned double-blind, placebo-controlled study of lithium orotate is immediately warranted.
But taking this action to research lithium orotate is only, a step in right direction. Instead of waiting another 7-8 years, for research results, to prove something that has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, by massive quantities of scientific studies; (Harvard studies combined, is the equivalent of 10,000 patients studied for over 8 years) we must act now!
To not take immediate action, to share this breakthrough with the public (veterans outside the Veterans Health Administration, (VHA) system) would be inexcusable.
We would be missing an ‘urgent calling’ to put an end to this epidemic of suicide in the near term.
I implore the VA, with the preponderance of existing evidence, coupled with the urgent epidemic of suicide, that, we act immediately. It is time now, to begin informing the 15 million veterans outside of VHA care, of this well documented and scientifically proven, superior absorption breakthrough, of Lithium Orotate, for the potential prevention of 95% of veteran suicides.
Having just recently discontinued the previous VA media campaign on television, the VA is in the perfect position to immediately prepare a similar media campaign for the dissemination of this new Lithium Orotate information.
This will show the masses of veterans and their families that, despite their belief that the VA would prefer that veterans commit suicide to save the VA money, the VA is totally committed, to ending, immediately, this scourge upon the veteran community.
Many of the physicians I am associated with are alternative medical doctors who have utilized lithium orotate in their practices for decades. They have voluminous case files of evidence showing the remarkable efficacy of lithium orotate. These individual doctors would be a powerful public relations tool, (if featured in the advertising), for the successful launch of the VA lithium orotate media campaign. They also would, no doubt, have patients in their practice that would be excited to share their lithium orotate experience for the benefit of veterans and the public.
This powerful audio and visual testimony from doctors and their patients, who have already experienced the miracle of healing from lithium orotate, coupled with the findings of my book, would begin an avalanche of participation from veterans and their families. This in turn would create an army of powerful testimonies from the immediate veteran participants themselves, who would no doubt wish to tell their fellow comrades, about this incredible breakthrough.
General Shinseki, through your immediate and decisive leadership on this matter, you will be the nation’s hero for saving the future lives of tens of thousands of veterans who would otherwise end their lives by their own depressed suicidal minds and hands.
Dr. Mark Millar, D.C.
cc U.S. Senator Patty Murray
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
All members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Commanders of all National Veterans Organizations
Leaders of the U.S. Senate and House Veterans Committees
All members of the congressional veterans committees
All national media
Veterans for Common Sense
Additional nationally prominent veterans, allies and friends
John Decamp author of: The Franklin Cover Up
Kevin Trudeau author of: Natural Cures They Don’t Want You to Know About
2 Comments »
- Lithium Orotate dosing for PTSD
- 2nd letter to General Eric Shinseki, Secretary of Veteran Affairs
- Operation Set Them Free has been launched. Go to www.OpSetThemFree.com to get your free report and download the E-book: Veteran Suicide Breakthrough!
- National Guard Veteran Suicide Rates Nearly Doubled in 2010